On November 14, 2014 National University of Civil Engineering (NUCE) – Center for Promoting Japan – Vietnam Civil Engineers Collaboration (CJV) and JFE Steel Corporation co-organized Seminar on “New Technology for Steel Structures in Viet Nam and Japan” at NUCE with the support of Institute of Transportation Science and Technology (ITST) and Vietnam Institute for Building Science and Technology (IBST).
The seminar attracted participants from Ministries, Divisions, Agencies, Institutes, construction companies and Universities. On NUCE side, there were the participation of Dr. Le Van Thanh, Rector of NUCE; Ass. Prof. Pham Hung Cuong, Deputy Rector of NUCE; Dr. Nguyen Hoang Giang, Head of the International Cooperation Division/ Director of CJV and other heads and leaders of Institutes and lecturers as well as students of NUCE; on international participation were Mr. Hiroshi Ueda, Vice President of JFE; Dr. Akira Kazama, Deputy Director of the Institute of JFE with experts and technical staff of the JFE.
The aim of the seminar was to introduce technology of new construction steel materials of Japan for infrastructure in Viet Nam and Japan as well as new design trend of steel structure for high-rise building in Japan.
Speaking on opening remarks, Dr. Le Van Thanh, Rector of NUCE expressed that in recent years NUCE has collaborated with many Japanese construction firms to exchange experiences, to acquire more advanced construction technologies applied to Viet Nam. Japan is the leading nation with experience in the research and application of new technologies for construction and infrastructure development. Japan has been involved in big projects in civil engineering, infrastructure and urban transport in Vietnam, including JFE Steel Corporation – one of the largest steel company in Japan. This seminar was the great opportunity for Vietnamese and Japanese experts together to share experience and discuss for suitable proposals for the construction sector in Vietnam.
The well-known experts from Japan and Vietnam present new technologies of steel material and share their experiences in applying this material in the field of the civil engineering, including:
- Trend of Steel Structure for Buildings in Japan – Mr. Nobuyuki Takaki JFE-Steel;
- Steel Structure in Viet Nam – Dr. Hoang Tuan Nghia, Dept. of Steel & Timber Structures, NUCE;
- High Performance Steels for Bridges and Application Technology in Japan – Dr. Jun Okada JFE-Steel;
- Bridge structure: Current Application of Advanced Technologies for Steel Bridge Structures in Vietnam – Msc. Bui Xuan Hoc, ITST;
- Application Technologies of Steel Materials for Foundation in Japan – Mr. Shunsuke Usami JFE-Steel;
- Improvement of constructing process using Light Steel Material – Mr.Nobuaki Nomura, JFE Metal Products & Engineering Inc.;
- An overview of the foundation solutions in Vietnam – Le Thiet Trung, PhD. Director, Geotechnical and Construction Engineering Institute, NUCE
Closing speech at the seminar, Dr. Akira Kazama, Deputy Director of the Steel Study Institute of JFE said “JFE was pleasure to have the opportunity to introduce the most modern technologies of steel for bridge construction in Viet Nam. JFE hopes that it would be accompanied with the Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Transport and NUCE to introduce and develop its steel structure for long-term commitment in Vietnam”.
Due to the attractive content of the seminar, there were the interaction and exchange between the speakers and the participants to create a vibrant atmosphere, excited environment. There were many interesting questions and answers during the seminar to set the basics for the proposal in the application of new technologies for steel structures in particular and for the construction development in Viet Nam in general.
By Khanh Phuong